Continuing Education Symposiums
The Faith Community Nurse Network provides at least four professional nursing education symposiums each year for contact hour credit. The events are sponsored in part by Hennepin County Human Services & Public Health Department. Contact our office at email@example.com or call 651-204-0904 for additional information.
- Program Times: 9:30 AM (registration opens at 9:00 AM) – 12:30 PM
- This activity will be awarded 3 contact hours for State Boards of Nursing
- There will be light refreshments and coffee during the program and each registered attendee has the option of pre-ordering a box lunch from Subway Sandwiches that will be distributed at the end of the program
Registration & Cost:
- Cost of individual symposiums: $25 (FCNs); $50 (non-FCNs)
- Cost of series of four (4) symposiums in 2018 (25% discount): $75 for Faith Community Nurses (FCNs); $150 for all other attendees who are not FCNs
- Cost of boxed lunch: $7 per symposium
- Symposiums are offered at a $15 charge to enrolled nursing students who are not Registered Nurses
- Preregistration is required five days in advance (a $5.00 surcharge will be applied after the cutoff).
- Refunds are not available to registrants who are unable to attend.
We are currently registering Program Sponsors for the 2018 symposium series! Information about sponsorship opportunities can be found here.
Next Symposium: Spiritual Distress
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Join us for a dynamic presentation by Rabbi Marcia Zimmerman, Senior Rabbi at Temple Israel. We will learn about recognizing, evaluating, and responding to spiritual distress among individuals.
Additional 2018 Symposiums:
Poverty & Older Adults
October 17, 2018
Location: Calvary Lutheran Church, Golden Valley
Vulnerable Adults & Giving Voice Chorus
January 17, 2018
Presentation by the Giving Voice Chorus, a chorus made up of individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and their caregivers and Kelli Klein, an Adult Protection Resource Specialist at the MN Department of Human Services.
Location: Adath Jeshurun Congregation, Minnetonka