The Faith Community Nurse Network provides training and support to faith community nurses to lead Living Well with Chronic Pain in their congregations and other community settings.
Our Living Well with Chronic Pain (LWCP) program is a small-group workshop for people age 60+ who have a diagnosis of chronic pain. Also known as Chronic Pain Self-Management Program, LWCP offers strategies that will give participants the confidence, motivation, and skills needed to manage living with chronic pain. Topics include managing fatigue, pain, isolation, communication techniques, evaluating new treatments, improving physical health, and more. Workshops are highly participatory, where mutual support helps to build participants’ confidence in their ability to maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Research has found that people who complete a Living Well workshop:
- Feel healthier and have a better quality of life
- Experience less pain
- Are less dependent on others for day-to-day living
- Improve their mental health
- Feel greater life satisfaction
What is a LWCP workshop?
- Small group workshop with 12 – 16 participants
- 2 ½ hour sessions, 1 session each week for 6 weeks
- Held in comfortable community settings
- Participants with chronic pain attend together
- Participants receive a book, “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain” along with a “Moving Easy” CD
- Led by two trained leaders, one or both of whom have chronic pain
Become a Leader
Due to social distancing restrictions to mitigate the spread of Covid-19, leader training in spring 2021 will take place on a virtual platform. Dates and times are still to be determined. Join our email list if you would like to receive information as it becomes available. You can also contact us directly to be added to an interest list for the training.
If you have questions about bringing a Living Well with Chronic Pain workshop to your community, becoming a leader, or would just like additional information about the program, contact Cheryl Lanigan, Program Director at email@example.com or 952-322-4144.
Resources for Leaders
Resources for planning and leading your Living Well with Chronic Pain course.
Promoting Your Workshop
Planning Your Workshop