Continuing Education Symposiums
The Faith Community Nurse Network provides at least four professional nursing education symposiums each year for contact hour credit. The events are sponsored in part by Hennepin County Human Services & Public Health Department. Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-204-0904 for additional information.
- Program Times: 9:30 AM (registration opens at 9:00 AM) – 12:30 PM
- This activity will be awarded 3.6 contact hours for State Boards of Nursing
- There will be light refreshments and coffee during the program and each registered attendee will be provided a box lunch at the end of the program
Registration & Cost:
- Cost of individual symposiums: $25 (FCNs); $50 (non-FCNs)
- Cost of series of four (4) symposiums in 2017 (25% discount): $75 for Faith Community Nurses (FCNs); $150 for all other attendees who are not FCNs
- Symposiums are offered at a $15 charge to enrolled nursing students who are not Registered Nurses
- Preregistration is required five days in advance (a $5.00 surcharge will be applied after the cutoff).
Please note: Sponsorship opportunities for our 2017 symposiums are full but 2018 opportunities will soon be published. If you have questions or sponsorship inquiries, contact Becky Afzali, Administrative Manager, email@example.com or 651-204-0904. Information about sponsorship opportunities can be found here.
Upcoming Symposium: Intentional Listening
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Learn how you can use intentional listening in your FCN practice in this practical 3.6 CEU presentation by Liz Andress, BA, MA. Liz has taught intentional listening skills to countless groups and organizations and has led numerous congregations in valuable “inreach” exercises.
Past 2017 Symposiums:
January 18, 2017
Presentation by Jean Wyman, PhD, RN, APRN, GNP-BC, FAAN, FGSA, Professor at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing.
Location: Centennial United Methodist Church, Roseville
Advocacy and Gun Violence
April 19, 2017
Presentation by Kathi Koehn, MA, RN, Executive Director of MNORN and Rev. Nancy Nord Bence, Executive Director of Protect Minnesota
Location: St. Stephen Lutheran Church, Bloomington