Continuing Education Symposiums
The Faith Community Nurse Network provides at least four professional nursing education symposiums each year for contact hour credit. The events are sponsored in part by Hennepin County Human Services & Public Health Department.
This activity will be awarded 3.6 contact hours for State Boards of Nursing.
- Program Times: begin at 9:30 AM (registration opens at 9:00 AM) – 12:30 PM
- Each registered attendee will be provided a box lunch at the end of the program
- Series of four (4) symposiums in 2017 (25% discount): $75 for Faith Community Nurses (FCNs); $150 for all other attendees who are not FCNs
- Individual symposiums: $25 (FCNs); $50 (non-FCNs)
- Symposiums are offered at a $15 charge to enrolled nursing students who are not Registered Nurses
Preregistration is required five days in advance (a $5.00 surcharge will be applied after the cutoff).
Contact our office at email@example.com or call 651-204-0904 for additional information.
2017 Symposium Schedule
June 21, 2017 – Parkinson’s Disease & Related Disorders
Presentation by Rose Wichmann, PT, Manager of Struthers Parkinson’s Center
October 25, 2017 – Intentional Listening
Presentation by Liz Andress, BA, MA
January 18, 2017 – Falls Prevention
April 19, 2017 – Advocacy and Gun Violence
Presentation by Kathi Koehn, MA, RN, Executive Director of MNORN and Rev. Nancy Nord Bence, Executive Director of Protect Minnesota
St. Stephen Lutheran Church
8400 France Ave S
Bloomington, MN 55431
Location on Google Maps
Additional Opportunity: Learn about ANCC FCN Certification
Have lunch with Sondra Weinzierl, FCN, who received her certification in 2016 and will walk you through the FCN certification process and answer questions. This session will be held from 12:45-1:45PM in the Chapel Room. There is no additional charge and attendees will receive 1 CE credit. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.